Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, September 05, 2024

and life rolls on.

 I believe the old adage goes, "The more things change, the more they stay the same". My life over the past seven years has certainly proven this true. But one factor is about to change things, AGE. That dreaded thing that keeps on marching no matter what we do. I'm about to experience Medicare. You know that stuff old people have. When I retired seven years ago this target was a very distant one. All I needed to do was keep my head down and perhaps age wouldn't catch me. Well even though I have kept myself very busy it has now caught me. Some mornings it feels like it is sitting on top of me. That's when I realize it's just the cat.

But in all seriousness, the past seven years have brought some drastic things. First I lost my Mother, than my older brother to MS and my Father is now 93. There's been punch to the gut moments but also some very good things.
There's been moments of betrayal and some new found friends. My world is about to change but likely will stay very much the same .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home