"Unafraid of the unknown?" perhaps.
It doesn't seem like over two years. December 2017 was the last time I seen these folks and so it was today when that all ended. I had lunch with a couple old friends/co-workers and it was like old times. Like it was yesterday but a lot has happened since that December 2017 lunch. There's been health issues, deaths, marriages and kids growing up. Time has not stood still by any means. It marches on.
Ironically, I came across a career planning article entitled "Unafraid of the unknown?" also today. While it has to do with preparing a "recession resume" (glum thought) it seemed appropriate. Two years ago I retired from a roller-coaster career that spanned nearly 40 years. But I had had enough and had to get out. One too many "I'm too old for this crap" thoughts. I went from 60 hour work weeks to zero. Now while the Laws of Physics don't really apply this tact is not recommended. It was nice for a couple weeks but then I was ready to move forward. Two years of frustration followed. I was afraid of the unknown. But here I am. A bit battered and bruised. A bit older but not as stressed.
Seeing my old friends felt good today. Really good. Like yesterday. I do hope I get the chance to do it again.
Ironically, I came across a career planning article entitled "Unafraid of the unknown?" also today. While it has to do with preparing a "recession resume" (glum thought) it seemed appropriate. Two years ago I retired from a roller-coaster career that spanned nearly 40 years. But I had had enough and had to get out. One too many "I'm too old for this crap" thoughts. I went from 60 hour work weeks to zero. Now while the Laws of Physics don't really apply this tact is not recommended. It was nice for a couple weeks but then I was ready to move forward. Two years of frustration followed. I was afraid of the unknown. But here I am. A bit battered and bruised. A bit older but not as stressed.
Seeing my old friends felt good today. Really good. Like yesterday. I do hope I get the chance to do it again.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home