Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, July 09, 2010

Sign posts

As we go through life there are instances that are "ah ha" moments. Those times when we sit back and take a good look at the landscape, so to speak. I call them sign posts. The next time you go on a trip you'll see them, like Pittsburgh 25 Miles. They give you a couple things. Direction, if you quit seeing Pittsburgh and start seeing Cleveland signs STOP and turn around before it's too late. Another thing these signs tell you is Time, how long a point will take to reach.

So where is this all going? When you broke out of the nest and into your own life, you started looking for the sign posts without even knowing it. Get a new car, get engaged and married, get a new job. All sign posts or rather benchmarks. We all need them. How else would you know if your moving forward.

At times it seems like there are long gaps between those sign posts. Are you heading toward Cleveland? Sometimes I feel that way. I am in search of one of those "ah ha" moments.

What will it be next? No idea but I really need one.
I just hope the next sign doesn't read, "Cleveland Next Left".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home