Something to be said about retirement.
It was December 2017 and I'd had enough of the rat race and bad management decision. It was time to call a 19 year career with Big Blue quits. Retirement looked so much better. Little did I know what all came with that. I went from being crazy busy and stressed to boredom. Sure there's all that stuff you tell yourself "I'll do that when I retire". Yea, not so much. The other half of my household was none to happy to have me around 24x7. Even the two cats were confused. But none-the-less, I was retired.
Next came the job search. The way you find a job, any job, has changed drastically since I did it last. How do you take 30+ years of career and condense it to a single page. The trying to convince a hiring manager that, sure I never did that specific job but, I have all the skills needed to be successful. So, two years down the road now I have a "part-time" IT gig that really is almost full time but only for the length of the project. All those Windows skills I had are now starting to come back.
Thanks Jimmy for the shot.
Next came the job search. The way you find a job, any job, has changed drastically since I did it last. How do you take 30+ years of career and condense it to a single page. The trying to convince a hiring manager that, sure I never did that specific job but, I have all the skills needed to be successful. So, two years down the road now I have a "part-time" IT gig that really is almost full time but only for the length of the project. All those Windows skills I had are now starting to come back.
Thanks Jimmy for the shot.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home